Assist Orchestra Manager in administering all activities and services of the Boston Symphony Orchestra, Inc. including Symphony, Pops, and Tanglewood Seasons, and Boston Symphony Chamber Players. Administer media contracts and AFM Pension reporting.
· Coordinate conductor/soloist information with the Artistic Administrative Office, including conductor information forms, rehearsal orders, and specific needs.
· Generate monthly AFM-EPF reports. Liaise with the AFM National Office regarding Pension Payments and Media Payrolls. Prepare B Forms for Media Projects.
· Responsible for Player deductions for Association Dues, Strike Fund, Annual BMA Dues, and instrument insurance.
· Perform administrative operations for the Orchestra Manager, including: maintaining manager calendar, distribute information to orchestra and staff, maintain manager and office files, process invoices and check requests, oversee inventory of office supplies; budgeting.
· Assist in organizing BSO Tours, as directed.
· Maintain personnel and office files, process invoices and check requests.
· Manage the office move to Tanglewood and maintain the Tanglewood housing book.
· Perform concert duty as assigned.
· Special projects, as assigned.
Orchestra Personnel Office, Orchestra Members and extra players, Music Director, Conductor of Pops, guest conductors, Production Manager, Librarians, Orchestra Manager, Artistic Administrator, conductors, Pops and Youth Activities Offices; Stage Manager and crew, Chorus Manager; IT staff, Program Office, Archives, Tanglewood Music Center staff, Functions Office, BSO Players’ Committee.
· Orchestral music performance background (5 years minimum).
· College and/or business school graduate.
· Administrative office experience (3 years minimum).
· Knowledge of computer systems and Microsoft Office software: Word, Excel, Access. Knowledge of OPAS (Orchestra Planning and Administration System) helpful.
· Good interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with a wide variety of people.
· Discretion with confidential material is essential
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Ability to work in a constantly changing environment and to respond calmly in stressful situations with flexibility and patience.
-This position relocated to Tanglewood (Lenox, MA) for a significant portion of the summer.
“We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. The Boston Symphony Orchestra is committed to building a culturally diverse staff and encourages applications from female and minority candidates.”
About Boston Symphony Orchestra
The Boston Symphony Orchestra, Inc. engages more people in the remarkable variety and wonder of classical music than any other symphonic organization in the world, bringing music into the lives of millions of people every year. The rich tapestry of offerings by the Boston Symphony, Pops, Tanglewood Music Center and Tanglewood Festival Chorus represent the best that the art form offers. Known for its diverse programs, passionate performances and tradition of innnovation, the Boston Symphony Orchestra has been at the forefront of artistic excellence for more than 135 years.