The mission of Marist School is to form the whole person in the image of Christ through instruction grounded in religious values, the teachings of the Catholic Church, and the spirit of the Society of Mary. This mission is advanced through communal pursuit of excellence in academic, religious, extracurricular, leadership, and service programs.
The full-time faculty member is hired by the Principal and reports additionally to the Fine Arts Department Chair.
SCOPE OR RESPONSIBILITY
Marist School Technical Director duties:
Assist with theater production (two high school musicals, one outdoor devised piece, one middle school musical)
• Construct and paint scenery, props, and puppets
• Design, hang, and focus lighting including LED, moving lights, and dimmers
• Oversee mix of 26 channels of wireless microphones
• Design and implement sound and video playback
• Procure all materials and maintain equipment
• Oversee and mentor student crews for all aspects of production
• Oversee occasional parent work weekend days
• Teach one theater production class during the first term of the school year
Assist with two dance concerts per year:
• Lay dance floor
• Design lighting and audio playback
Support Campus Ministry department assemblies, prayer services, and Masses:
• Provide sound reinforcement for monthly all-school Masses/prayer services consisting of chorus, podium,
cantor, wireless lavs, full band, and music play back in large gym
• Provide sound reinforcement for weekend family Mass in large gym (3 per year)
• Provide multiple small sound systems for one prayer service in multiple locations throughout campus
• Provide live video streaming
Total campus a/v support:
• Provide small portable sound systems for extracurricular events
• Maintain and upgrade various installed audio systems throughout campus
• Provide occasional live video streaming or recording for administration
Theater infrastructure and needed skills:
• 350 seat thrust/proscenium stage
• Dead hung grid at 16’ accessible by scissor lift
• Lift 50 pounds
• Safe rigging practices and tool use
• Programming ETC ION lighting console
• Programming Yamaha QL5 sound console
• Programming Q-Lab 4 show control software for audio and video playback
• Ability to mix 26 channels of ULX wireless mics with B3 Lavs in an acoustically challenging venue
A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in education or in the primary teaching area is required. A Master’s degree is preferred. Transcripts must be submitted.
A minimum of two (2) references.
A completed background check.
A completed drug and illegal substances screen.
About Marist School
Marist School is an independent, Roman Catholic, college-preparatory day school enrolling approximately 1,100 boys and girls in grades seven through twelve. The mission of Marist School to form the whole person in the image of Christ is created by blending three distinct traditions: the pursuit of academic excellence, the heritage of Catholic education, and the spirit of the Society of Mary. This mission is advanced through communal pursuit of excellence in academic, religious, extracurricular, leadership, and service programs.