CATS Academy Boston seeks a Technical Director for the Spring Musical, High School Musical. The Technical Director is responsible for building the set and operating the lights and sound equipment. The Technical Director will work collaboratively with the Theatre Director on all design elements for the production. The Technical Director should empower student technicians to assist in the building, sound, and lighting processes. The compensation for this position is $4,000.
· 3 years or more experience in technical theatre at the high school level, including set construction, lighting, and sound.
· Experience working in an international and/or boarding school community.
· Professional experience in technical theatre, including set construction, lighting, and sound.
· A willingness to collaborate with the Theatre Director and other visual/performing arts teachers.
· Experience working directly with high school student technicians on a full-length production.
· Collaborate with the Theatre Director to create a design for the set, lights, and sound in the Spring Musical.
· Oversee all construction for the set, including working within a budget, submitting lumber orders, submitting invoices to the Performing Arts Director, and building the set. Complete set construction by the start of Tech Week.
· Prioritize safety when working with students in set construction.
· Oversee all lighting for the production, including creating a light plot, hanging lights, and operating the lighting equipment.
· Oversee all sound design and operation for the production, including setting up speakers, running cables, mic’ing the actors and orchestra, creating/finding sound cues, and running the soundboard.
· Participate in “strike” on Sunday, April 23, and ensure all tech elements of the show are returned to their proper locations in the school.
CATS Academy Boston is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or accept discrimination against any employee or applicant prohibited by law. We welcome employment applications from candidates of all backgrounds.
To learn more about CATS Academy Boston, please visit our website at:
CATS Academy Boston, 2001 Washington Street Braintree, Massachusetts 02184. CATS Academy Boston is an independent boarding and day school for 350 students in grades 8-12/PG. We offer a superb location to explore New England and experience American culture. Our campus is a short ride from the city of Boston. It is located near prestigious universities such as Harvard, MIT, and Boston University – allowing you to enjoy everything Boston offers.